frequently asked questions
Plucked from Cariba Net. To create a more comprehensive faq section, instead of creating a separate page I thought we’d just archive everything with a tag.
Q: Where can I watch H2O?
A: This depends on where you live:
USA: H2O seasons 1-3 can be watched instantly on Netflix and all of season 1 and a portion of season 2 can be purchased on the US iTunes. It is also being shown on TeenNick.
UK and Australia: Re-reuns are aired in both countries frequently. All seasons can be purchased on iTunes and Aussies can buy season dvds.
Here is a regularly updated list of showtimes for the US, UK and Australia.
Eastern Europe/other countries: We are working on trying to add more international show times to Cariba Net’s re-run calendar. If you live in a country that is not listed here, I would recommend finding a H2O fansite run by someone who lives in your country (such as H2O Hungary for Hungarian viewers or Mermaids Mania for Russian viewers and either looking around the site for a showtimes list or contacting the webmaster. I am sure they can help you. Fans who live in Eastern Europe can watch H2O on Disney, but it all depends. Checking your country’s Disney channel website may be of use too.
Q: So H2O is airing in the US again. Do you know if they will air seasons 2 and 3? A: No, we do not. Teen Nick has aired a few episodes of season 2, but we do not know if they will air the rest of the season and/or season 3. Please remember that this all depends on ratings. If you want to see later seasons aired in the US, please watch H2O when it airs, visit its website on Teen Nick and (if possible) record the episodes. Get your friends, relatives, neighbours, those bratty kids you babysit, your librarian - seriously, as many people as you can - interested in the show and encourage them to watch too. It all helps.
Q: H2O Season 4?! :D
A: It’s not happening!
Our reasoning -
- Look at the way Channel 4 treated season 3. It may be difficult to acquire the funds to make a season 4 and Channel 4 being unwilling to air it may be problematic. To me, a lack of funds + no support from its native Australia = H2O will not be commissioned for a fourth season.
- Hannah Murray WILL NOT be the new mermaid! Hannah studies English at Cambridge. She is a very busy student. Cambridge has been flexible enough to give her a little bit of time off to film projects, but it’s a hassle for the university and she probably doesn’t like having to miss class. She has stated numerous times she primarily films projects over the holidays: H2O films in Australia over the Summer, but it would be Winter in England. Hannah would miss tons of classes. Hannah also has a ton of new projects under her belt at the moment – she does not have the time to head out to Australia to film H2O.
- There were originally only supposed to be two seasons, they were really pushing their luck with season three. I can’t see them doing it again.
- It seems likely that many of the essential costumes (i.e. the tails), props and sets have already been destroyed our stored away.
- I don’t think any of the actors would be interested in taking MORE time out of their schedules to make a fourth season. On top of this, ALL of the main cast members have other projects. Phoebe, for example, has literally no time in her schedule to film a fourth season – she has a brand new show on the CW to film and she’s signed on for the second Tomorrow When The War Begins film (assuming it’s ever made - TWTWB is a franchise that is very important to Aussies and if they make a sequel to the first movie, I feel that Phoebe would feel obliged - almost like it was her duty - to reprise her role as Fi. Like I said, TWTWB is very important to Australians and I think that, if faced with the choice between the second Tomorrow When The War Begins film or a fourth season of H2O, Phoebe would go for the sequel over H2O).
- And finally: what would it be about? It seems unlikely that everyone ended up at the same university.
Q: What is known about Mako: Island of Secrets? Who was cast? When will it be released?
A: This is all that is known at the moment. We will make updates with information as it comes out.